Phoenix-RTOS is based on the written from scratch dedicated microkernel and consists of about 20K lines of code (LoC). Microkernel is responsible for:
- memory management,
- thread and process management,
- inter-thread communication and synchronization,
- basic application interface implementation (syscalls).
Kernel is divided into five subsystems.
- hal - hardware abstraction layer
- lib - common routines
- vm - virtual memory management
- proc - process and thread management
- test - internal tests for kernel subsystems
Kernel source code
The source code of the kernel could be obtained using the following command
git clone http://github.com/phoenix-rtos.com/phoenix-rtos-kernel