Software Engineer (kernel) - Warsaw
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Salary: 10 000 PLN - 20 000 PLN
Phoenix Systems is looking for a Software Engineer to assist in development of microkernel for Phoenix-RTOS operating system.
The kernel is the core component of the operating system. It provides basic functionality and a runtime environment for other operating system components and user applications. The kernel affects the performance and reliability of the entire operating system. Its development requires extensive knowledge of computer systems architecture, engineering experience and very good algorithmic skills. Kernel and operating system programmers were historically the first programmers of digital machines. They are still regarded as the most advanced and elite group of engineers.
Becoming a kernel developer is a very long and difficult process. It requires a specific mix of passion and patience, which allows you to spend hundreds of hours in front of a computer screen without spectacular results. Kernel development also requires the use of an "old fashioned" text editor and "old fashioned" command line tools. If you are not afraid of challenges, you want to follow the path of the greatest programmers and develop a new operating system kernel, we are waiting for you.
Tasks & accountabilities
Members of the Kernel Team are involved in the development of the Phoenix-RTOS microkernel and porting it to different hardware architectures. Key challenges include the need to learn the details of a specific hardware architecture, create scalable data structures, and above all, write elegant and effective code in C and assembly language. Quality and efficiency are rewarded, not the number of lines and pasting code found on the Internet.
- Good knowledge of operating systems architecture,
- good knowledge of C,
- good knowledge of parallel programming,
- good knowledge of algorithms and data structures,
- ability to create and implement new algorithms for resource constrained environments,
- good knowledge of computer system architectures,
- good knowledge of microprocessor architecture and popular software models (ARM, IA32),,
- experience with SW version control,
- two years of professional experience on similar position,
- capability of working in a team or independently with minimal supervision,
- self-motivated, self-directed, and closure-oriented skills,
- at least good command of English,
- strong coordination, organization, teamwork, timing and communication abilities.
- knowledge of communication protocols architectures,
- knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, GSM),
What we offer:
- an interesting and evolving work in an innovative technology company,
- participation in challenging projects developed with partners from many countries,
- benefit package (private medical care, sport pass, training budget),
- attractive salary.
To apply please send us a copy of your latest CV to: email@example.com
If you want to participate also in the forthcoming recruitment processes carried out by our company, please add the following clause to your recruitment application: "I agree on processing by Phoenix Systems sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw personal data included in my recruitment application within the forthcoming recruitment processes".