C Developer (Quality Assurance)
Location: Łomża, Poland
Salary: 10 000 PLN - 16 000 PLN
Phoenix Systems is developing the real time operating system Phoenix-RTOS. It’s one of the first operating systems created for the Internet of Things (IoT) and one of the very few developed from scratch in Poland. Phoenix-RTOS 3 is open source available on GitHub and has been selected
by EE Times.
In accordance with starting the Phoenix Systems multiyear R&D project to develop new version of Phoenix-RTOS for avionic applications compliant with the DO-178C requirements that has been awarded with a co-financing from the European Regional Development Fund within the operational program Smart Growth 2014-2020 carried out by the National Centre for Research and Development, we are searching for candidates to the newly open Łomża office to fill the position of Test Engineer.
The company strategic goal is to develop a brand-new European operating system for UAVs and to create a system outrunning the worldwide IT standards. To achieve it, the software development is being launched now for the purpose of modern aerial vehicles and drones.
Tasks and responsibilities
The main task of the newly created Test Team is the development of automatic tests for the new Phoenix-RTOS 178 operating system and further development of its microdistribution (github.com/phoenix-rtos/phoenix-rtos-project) and in particular:
- getting familiar with Phoenix-RTOS operating system,
- studying in practice the process of creating the operating system,
- getting acquainted with the Phoenix-RTOS operating system building
- environment and porting operating system to various hardware platforms,
- carrying out tests and their automation.
- creative work requiring designing test system,
- test tools development,
- DO-178C requirements analysis,
- implementation of test environment for DO-178C user cases,
- tests execution,
- results analysis,
- operating system architecture analysis,
- source code analysis,
- implementation of changes based on error analysis.
- professional experience on similar position,
- acquaintance with software testing issues (creation of user cases, automatic tests, test plans and analysis of detected errors),
- ability to create automatic tests based on C/C++ and script programming languages (bash, Python),
- experience in usage of continuous integration tools,
- ability to design new test cases and improve existing ones,
- knowledge of operating system architectures,
- knowledge of software and hardware integration issues,
- knowledge of operating system,
- skill to penetrate the code and understand it,
- inquisitiveness, engineering responsibility,
- obstinacy, persistence,
- readiness to face defeats on the way to success,
- analytical thinking,
- good knowledge of English.
- participation in the creation of the operating system that could outrun the worldwide IT standards,
- access to in-depth knowledge about operating systems,
- open path to career advancement and development,
- employment stability,
- flexible working hours,
- spatious office located in the center of Łomża,
- benefit package (private medical care, sport pass, training budget),
- friendly and creative work atmosphere,
- attractive salary.
To apply please send us a copy of your latest CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to participate also in the forthcoming recruitment processes carried out by our company, please add the following clause to your recruitment application: "I agree on processing by Phoenix Systems sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw personal data included in my recruitment application within the forthcoming recruitment processes".