Software Engineer (communication) - Warsaw
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Salary: 10 000 PLN - 20 000 PLN
Phoenix Systems is looking for a Software Engineer to assist in development of communication stacks for Phoenix-RTOS operating system.
In consequence of real time capabilities Phoenix-RTOS allows to implement many IoT communication stacks directly in software. Such approach reduces final device cost and gives flexibility to support many different communication protocols using single hardware design. It also allows to easily tune implementation performance and evaluate emerging proposals of protocol extensions.
In some cases all communication stack layers can be implemented in software. In other cases, especially in wireless communication, physical layer is implemented using external component (e.g. radio frontend) complemented by software defined layers. This depends mostly on physical layer complexity and used modulation schemes. Development of efficient stack architecture, detailed performance evaluation within the context of digital signal processing and decisions about method of implementation of its particular layers are typical tasks performed by engineer during a development process.
Tasks & accountabilities
As a member of Communication Team you will be involved in the development of communication stacks for common technologies used in IoT applications. Key challenges include the need to write optimized software for digital signal processing used in wired and wireless communication. Our solution covers all communication layers beginning with signal modulation/demodulation. The examples of developed stacks are Phoenix-PRIME, Phoenix-G3 (stacks for communication over power lines), Phoenix-802.15.4 (stack for wireless communication), TCP/IP etc.
- good knowledge of C,
- good knowledge of parallel programming,
- good knowledge of algorithms and data structures,
- ability to create and implement new algorithms for resource constrained environments,
- good knowledge of communication protocols architectures,
- good knowledge of digital signal processing algorithms,
- experience with SW version control,
- capability of working in a team or independently with minimal supervision,
- self-motivated, self-directed, and closure oriented skills,
- at least good command of English,
- strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities.
- knowledge of computer system architectures,
- knowledge of microprocessors and common programming models (ARM, IA32),
- knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, GSM).
What we offer:
- an interesting and evolving work in an innovative technology company,
- participation in challenging projects developed with partners from many countries,
- benefit package (private medical care, sport pass, training budget),
- attractive salary.
To apply please send us a copy of your latest CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to participate also in the forthcoming recruitment processes carried out by our company, please add the following clause to your recruitment application: "I agree on processing by Phoenix Systems sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw personal data included in my recruitment application within the forthcoming recruitment processes".