Software Engineer (kernel) - Warsaw
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Salary: 10 000 PLN - 20 000 PLN
Phoenix Systems is looking for a Software Engineer to assist in development of Phoenix-RTOS operating system microkernel.
Kernel is the core component of the operating system. It provides basic functions and execution environment for other operating system components and user applications. Kernel affects the whole operating system performance and reliability. Kernel development requires broad knowledge of computer system architecture, in depth engineering experience and very good algorithmic skills. Kernel and operating system programmers are, historically speaking, the first programmers and they are still treated as the most advanced and elite group of software engineers (hackers).
Becoming the kernel programmer is a very long and difficult process. It requires specific mix of passion and patience, that makes one eager to spend hundreds of hours in front of the screen. Kernel development requires usage of all of hand fingers to write software using old-fashioned text editor and old-fashioned command line tools. If you want to follow the path of greatest programmers and develop new operating system kernel we are waiting for you.
Tasks & accountabilities
As a member of Kernel Team you will be involved in the development of Phoenix-RTOS microkernel and porting it to various hardware architectures. Key challenges include the need to learn details related to particular hardware architecture and to implement scalable data structures and implement optimized software in C and assembly languages.
- good knowledge of operating system architectures,
- good knowledge of C,
- good knowledge of parallel programming,
- good knowledge of algorithms and data structures,
- ability to create and implement new algorithms for resource constrained environments,
- good knowledge of computer system architectures,
- good knowledge of microprocessors architectures and common programming models (ARM, IA32),
- experience with SW version control,
- capability of working in a team or independently with minimal supervision,
- self-motivated, self-directed, and closure oriented skills,
- at least good command of English,
- strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities.
- knowledge of communication protocols architectures,
- knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, GSM).
What we offer:
- an interesting and evolving work in an innovative technology company,
- participation in challenging projects developed with partners from many countries,
- benefit package (private medical care, sport pass, training budget),
- attractive salary.
To apply please send us a copy of your latest CV to: email@example.com
If you want to participate also in the forthcoming recruitment processes carried out by our company, please add the following clause to your recruitment application: "I agree on processing by Phoenix Systems sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw personal data included in my recruitment application within the forthcoming recruitment processes".