Software Engineer (applications) - Warsaw
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Salary: 9 000 PLN - 18 000 PLN
Phoenix Systems is looking for a Software Engineer to assist in development of Phoenix-RTOS based devices.
Devices used in smart utility sector like smart gas meters, smart energy meters and data concentrators are first Phoenix-RTOS implementations. Some of them use simple low-power microcontrollers equipped with tens of kilobytes of RAM. Others are based on powerful processors connected to hundreds of megabytes of RAM and to gigabytes of NAND Flash memory. Due to microkernel architecture Phoenix-RTOS supports both of them. It can be scaled from small operating system (with effective, native API) to sophisticated UN*X environment able to execute many popular open-source applications.
First implementations of Phoenix-RTOS demand high engineering engagement in customer projects. Some firmware components are still created by us (e.g. libraries, metrological modules). If you like embedded systems and want to explore the emerging world of IoT devices and to actively participate in its rapid development come and join us.
Tasks & accountabilities
As a member of Application Team you will be involved in the development of applications and devices together with customer's development teams. Key challenges include the need for fast learning of specifics of particular application and the need for good communication with external developers. Usually the developed code for final device is certified according to regulations used in particular sector (e.g. metrological certification of smart meters), so developed code should be very well documented and covered by tests. Due to limited resources of the device processor subsystem, the developed code should be optimized in terms of CPU and memory usage. It should be emphasized that typical project duration is longer than 1 year and we are looking for very motivated and consequent engineers that care about fine details and project excellence.
- good knowledge of C,
- good knowledge of parallel programming,
- good knowledge of algorithms and data structures,
- ability to create and implement new algorithms for resource constrained environments,
- good knowledge of computer system architectures,
- knowledge of HW and SW integration and troubleshooting,
- experience with SW version control,
- two years of professional experience on similar position,
- capability of working in a team or independently with minimal supervision,
- self-motivated, self-directed, and closure oriented skills,
- at least good command of English,
- strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities.
- knowledge of microprocessors and common programming models (ARM, IA32),
- knowledge of communication protocols architectures,
- knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, GSM),
- knowledge of digital signal processing algorithms.
What we offer:
- an interesting and evolving work in an innovative technology company,
- participation in challenging projects developed with partners from many countries,
- benefit package (private medical care, sport pass, training budget),
- attractive salary.
To apply please send us a copy of your latest CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to participate also in the forthcoming recruitment processes carried out by our company, please add the following clause to your recruitment application: "I agree on processing by Phoenix Systems sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw personal data included in my recruitment application within the forthcoming recruitment processes".