Location: Warsaw, Poland
Salary: 10 000 PLN - 16 000 PLN
Phoenix Systems is developing the real time operating system Phoenix-RTOS. It’s one of the first operating systems created for the Internet of Things (IoT) and one of the very few developed from scratch in Poland. Phoenix-RTOS 3 is open source available on GitHub and has been selected
by EE Times.
In accordance with starting the Phoenix Systems multiyear R&D project to develop new version of Phoenix-RTOS for avionic applications compliant with the DO-178C requirements that has been awarded with a co-financing from the European Regional Development Fund within the operational program Smart Growth 2014-2020 carried out by the National Centre for Research and Development, we are searching for candidates to the newly open Łomża office to fill the position of DevOps Engineer.
The company strategic goal is to develop a brand-new European operating system for UAVs and to create a system outrunning the worldwide IT standards. To achieve it, the software development is being launched now for the purpose of modern aerial vehicles and drones.
Tasks and responsibilities
The main tasks in this position are the development and development of a platform for automated tests for the Phoenix-RTOS operating system and the development of its microdistribution (project github.com/phoenix-rtos/phoenix-rtos-project), including:
- participation in the work of teams developing software and test platforms,
- software integration with continuous integration tools,
- designing, implementation and maintenance of the platform for the development,
- implementation and testing of Phoenix-RTOS software,
- automation of implementation processes, configuration of applications and environments,
- development of availability monitoring and error monitoring for applications and system platform,
- design and implementation of standards, procedures and instructions.
- min. 3 years of professional experience in a similar position,
- knowledge of issues related to the implementation and testing of software,
- experience in using continuous integration tools,
- knowledge of issues related to the integration of hardware and software,
- ability to create software development procedures and write documentation,
- knowledge of version control systems,
- knowledge of the English language,
- communicativeness and the ability to work in a team.
Additional skills (welcomed not required)
- knowledge of issues related to the architecture of the operating system,
- experience in conducting automated tests on embedded devices,
- experience in cross-compiling for various architectures (sysroot, multilib, standard library),
- knowledge of tools: git (github, gerrit), buildbot, docker, gcc, clang, make,
- experience in using tools for automatic code quality checking (static code analysis, coding style verification),
- experience in working on an open-source project and interacting with the FOSS community,
- knowledge of scripting languages: python, bash,
- knowledge of the POSIX standard,
- knowledge of C.
- participation in the creation of the operating system, which is to exceed global IT standards,
- the ability to obtain in-depth knowledge of operating systems,
- possibility of professional promotion and development,
- stability of employment,
- flexible working hours,
- employee benefits - private medical care, multisport card and language classes,
- friendly and creative work atmosphere,
- attractive salary.
To apply please send us a copy of your latest CV to: email@example.com
If you want to participate also in the forthcoming recruitment processes carried out by our company, please add the following clause to your recruitment application: "I agree on processing by Phoenix Systems sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw personal data included in my recruitment application within the forthcoming recruitment processes".